From the early days, the Missouri Symphony League has been the heart and soul of the Missouri Symphony. The Women's Symphony League, founded by Lucy Vianello and Jean Smith in 1971, was created primarily to raise funds and develop resources for the Symphony.
The Missouri Symphony League is now open to MOSY members, of any gender and continues to be a driving force behind The Missouri Symphony's music education programs and outstanding performances.
The entire Mid-Missouri community looks forward to The Missouri Symphony League's signature events: The Piano Showcase, Annual Garage Sale, and Holiday Home Tour.
The League is a social community of music lovers who meet for lunch, live performances and plenty of laughs on the fourth Tuesday of each month, September – May.
• The Piano Student Showcase - This annual event gives young piano students the opportunity to perform in a concert on Missouri Theatre stage. Get more information on the 2020 Piano Showcase here.
• Conservatory Scholarships - Scholarships are awarded to families with financial limitations that may otherwise prevent a young musician from accessing the quality music education provided by The Missouri Symphony Conservatory.
• The Missouri Symphony Society’s Hot Summer Nights Festival - This annual music festival features over 20 concerts varying in genre including pops, classical, patriotic and community concerts held in June and July.
• Hot Summer Nights Concert and Chair Sponsorship - The League sponsors a specific HSN performance and establishes a Missouri Symphony League Lucy Vianello Chair. Chair sponsorships supplement a Missouri Symphony Orchestra musician’s salary and housing costs.
• Conservatory Apprentice Program - This exciting program gives Conservatory students an opportunity to play in performances along with the professional musicians.
• Events - League members ensure MOSY events sparkle with their volunteer efforts, refreshments, marketing efforts and more...all while making lifelong friendships and supporting the arts!