Director of Education & Outreach
Full-time | Columbia, MO | Apply by May 25
The Missouri Symphony (MOSY) seeks a new Director of Education & Outreach. This position serves as the administrator of the Missouri Symphony Conservatory (MSC) and designs and implements education and outreach programs for the entire Missouri Symphony organization. The Director of Education and Outreach must possess an outgoing and collaborative attitude, be a motivated and independent worker, and feel comfortable dealing with parents, students, and the greater public on a regular basis. The Director of Education and Outreach is essential in maintaining a smooth operation of the MSC activities in all matters such as concerts, rehearsals, auditions, trips, summer music camp(s), recruiting, fundraising, and administration. The Director of Education and Outreach works in collaboration with the Music Director of the MSC, oversees other MSC staff, and reports directly to the Executive Director of MOSY. This is a position that requires some schedule flexibility, with occasional nighttime and consistent weekend hours.
• Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred)
• Experience in music, music education or fine arts organizations
• Teaching experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take part in physical tasks such as hauling music, stands, and instruments
• Must have access to a cell phone and reliable transportation
• Job Type: This is a full-time, salaried position with compensation based on experience
• Flexible schedule with an opportunity to work remotely as needed
• Starting Salary Range: $38,000-$42,000; 40-hour work week
• Benefits: Parking, Paid Federal Holidays, Simple IRA, Medical & Dental Insurance, Vacation & Sick Leave, Flexible Scheduling, Remote work opportunities, Tickets for all MOSY events
The Missouri Symphony (MOSY) does not advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income, political beliefs, military status, pregnancy, breastfeeding, or childbirth. This applies to employment, programs, and activities.
How To Apply
Interested persons need to please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Trent Rash, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted through May 25, 2022. For further questions, please contact Trent Rash at 573-607-5901.
MOSY offers a progressive, high-paced, collaborative, and hands-on environment for interns and encourages support in our day-to-day processes with events, marketing, fundraising, education, administrative, and more!
If you are interested in an internship with MOSY, please contact Trent Rash, Executive Director
, at email@example.com
Current Internship Openings:
Social Media | Summer 2022: Assist Director of Marketing & Events in social media engagement, primarily for the Hot Summer Nights Music Festival.
Events | Summer 2022: Assist Director of Marketing & Events and Hot Summer Nights Committee in the planning and execution of high-profile receptions and events.
Development: Assist Director of Philanthropy in fundraising and donor relations to expand MOSY's reach of giving.
Education | Fall-Spring 2022-23: Assist Director of Education & Outreach in the planning and facilitating of our educational programs such (including but not limited to the Conservatory). Music background preferred but not necessary.